Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Texas panda

Welcome to Writer's Workshop Wednesday presented to you by Mama Kat.

I have a confession....it's about an obsession. Not with rhyming but with giant pandas.

They are the cutest, most cuddly-looking creatures in the animal kingdom.
Now this love of mine has an early start. My oldest stuffed animal was a panda bear.
This panda bear was from my daddy. I was (and am) a daddy's girl.

When I was just a wee tot, probably 15-18 months old, my dad went to Texas.
I've never known why he went down there, but I know he brought me back my very first panda.

She's never had a permanent name, although she has been called "Brandi" numerous times.
Do you remember the show Kids Incorporated? There was a pretty girl called Brandi on there & I loved her. And I always wanted that to be my name....as much as I was a daddy's girl, I didn't like having a boy name - even his (I feel differently about this now).

I NEVER wanted my mom to wash her. I cried and cried until she came out. However, I also lost her in my pre-adolescent stage only to find her a few years later under our bunk bed. She went to college with me and into our first apartment as a married couple. Now I've passed her on to Moose where she sits in his pet net.

Over the years, I have accumulated many a pandas. I have small and large Beanie Baby pandas. I have a small paperweight covered with rabbit fur (I think). My sister made me a Build-a-Bear softball panda (named Brandy). My other sister painted a porcelain panda for me (also softball).
I'm sure I have other ones, I just can't think of them.

However, to this day, my favorite panda has always been my one from Texas.
From my daddy.

3 comments:

Jen said...

thats alot of pandas but they are cute.

Mama's Losin' It said...

Pandas ARE cute!! And what a great memory to have of your Dad. :)

By the way the Kids Incorporated song is TOTALLY stuck in my head now.

Thanks.

Mommy In Waiting said...

hey love, just telling you how special and amazing you are. I miss you SOOO much. and you do know that you can call me, too, right? :) silly girl i love you ! and kiss your tristan for me!!

loves!

happy followers