Monday, August 4, 2008

whoa

Above: Moose hanging out in our hotel room getting his diaper changed...:)
I do have to say that I'm very appreciative of all of the support you have given me. I must admit, too, that Kathy's comment earlier was very much needed. Trusting things to "work out" is not one of my strongest attributes, but I think this situation is as much for my learning experience as anything. I know that the Lord will provide.
To add another update, tonight Big A and Mr. Pessimistic parted ways. It's hard to say if someone quit or was fired because Big A is very nice. And I mean nice. He never let Mr. P have it like I probably would have so I think they are still amiable. My only qualm is that it all hit us like a ton of bricks (ever seen that Scrubs episode where JD gets hit by a ton of bricks...kind of like that). Had we not gone to Illinois/St. Louis, things would probably not have changed. I just wish he would have mentioned something BEFORE our vacation/checking-things-out time. But all is done.
Now the job search really kicks in. Big A talked to a fencing company but their positions were filled. Our friends that own the feed store he's been helping at, the A-team, said they could use him 2-3 times a week and maybe another of their friends could use him. There's a security position open for weekends at the college we graduated from. He sent references to a lady who owns a farm business about an hour south of where I grew up. Mr. P gave A the name of a guy who does spraying up by the Sandhills...but that seems like it would work until winter (the hardest time to get a job).
Soooo....we took it kind of easy today. A and Moose got to spend time together which was nice for me. I went to the library by myself! Our spidery friends had us over for supper & then we all went swimming (here's how hot it is....feels like 109 outside, water was 91 & it was still comfortable). But I'm going to go lose myself in Book World and Slumber Land (not to be confused with Slumberland, I'm not bed shopping).

2 comments:

Z's Mom said...

Awww....Moose is such a cutie patootie!!!

Wow, Mrs. S., you all have a lot on your plate. Have faith....God is with you...He knows what you need and He will give it to you.

kathy said...

I'm glad it helped, but I have to admit I got hit square in the face with my own advice yesterday.:)

I'm so thankful we serve a big God, who can deal with our frustrations and doubts, all the awhile gently leading us along the way...

Keep your head up guys and take it one day at a time! (Don't let your thoughts snowball) Trust that God will show A and submit to that.

Encourage Big A..always...leading a family is a tough, tough, tough job!!! And you have a great man!

In prayer

happy followers