whoa

Above: Moose hanging out in our hotel room getting his diaper changed...:)
I do have to say that I'm very appreciative of all of the support you have given me. I must admit, too, that Kathy's comment earlier was very much needed. Trusting things to "work out" is not one of my strongest attributes, but I think this situation is as much for my learning experience as anything. I know that the Lord will provide.
To add another update, tonight Big A and Mr. Pessimistic parted ways. It's hard to say if someone quit or was fired because Big A is very nice. And I mean nice. He never let Mr. P have it like I probably would have so I think they are still amiable. My only qualm is that it all hit us like a ton of bricks (ever seen that Scrubs episode where JD gets hit by a ton of bricks...kind of like that). Had we not gone to Illinois/St. Louis, things would probably not have changed. I just wish he would have mentioned something BEFORE our vacation/checking-things-out time. But all is done.
Now the job search really kicks in. Big A talked to a fencing company but their positions were filled. Our friends that own the feed store he's been helping at, the A-team, said they could use him 2-3 times a week and maybe another of their friends could use him. There's a security position open for weekends at the college we graduated from. He sent references to a lady who owns a farm business about an hour south of where I grew up. Mr. P gave A the name of a guy who does spraying up by the Sandhills...but that seems like it would work until winter (the hardest time to get a job).
Soooo....we took it kind of easy today. A and Moose got to spend time together which was nice for me. I went to the library by myself! Our spidery friends had us over for supper & then we all went swimming (here's how hot it is....feels like 109 outside, water was 91 & it was still comfortable). But I'm going to go lose myself in Book World and Slumber Land (not to be confused with Slumberland, I'm not bed shopping).

Comments

Anonymous said…
Awww....Moose is such a cutie patootie!!!

Wow, Mrs. S., you all have a lot on your plate. Have faith....God is with you...He knows what you need and He will give it to you.
Kathy said…
I'm glad it helped, but I have to admit I got hit square in the face with my own advice yesterday.:)

I'm so thankful we serve a big God, who can deal with our frustrations and doubts, all the awhile gently leading us along the way...

Keep your head up guys and take it one day at a time! (Don't let your thoughts snowball) Trust that God will show A and submit to that.

Encourage Big A..always...leading a family is a tough, tough, tough job!!! And you have a great man!

In prayer

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)