wrestling and wedding

I'm super excited for this weekend, although it does mean a long week. Monday & Wednesday, Big A is practicing wrestling with his high school coach & some boys. Tuesday we are having supper at the Spiderleg residence. Big A does have the opportunity to throw hay for someone to make some extra cash; I don't know if he'll do it or not.
The S family is going on a mini-vaca/interview trip to Virginia (pray this is where God is leading them and that the opportunity is wide open for them) for the rest of the week, so we won't see them until they get back and then the real world overtakes everyone.
Thursday seems to be our only free day. Friday is our friends, the soon-to-be Mr. & Mrs. Tree (they are super tall)'s wedding rehearsal. I have the great opportunity to get to read Scripture at their wedding, so I'm invited for all the festivities and free food! ha! It means so much to me that she has invited me to be a part of her special day, AND to read God's Word during the ceremony is really humbling for me.
Saturday is the big day. Big A is going to wrestle for real for the first time in about six years. I really just hope he is prepared and does the best he can. Win or lose, I'm just really excited to see him wrestle (and see him in a singlet....SO looking forward to that, so hot). I know he'll do the best he can so I pray that the outcome is fulfilling for him. That whole ordeal should be over by noon, leaving us enough time to come home and shower before the wedding at 4.
Then one of my best friends is going to be married to the man she loves. I love weddings! Probably more than I realize sometimes. It's so beautiful to see a couple united in love, especially when they also are truly uniting under the Lord's Will. It's such a beautiful process (for lack of a better term) and it always makes me feel so blessed that the Lord allowed me to marry Big A.
How wonderful that God gave us helpmates to get through this world so we didn't have to be alone! I know I'd have a hard time by myself.

Comments

Heather said…
Busy, busy week. It sounds like fun, though!
Ryan C said…
Dude that should be awesome. I remember seeing Ant when he was in high school and he was the chubby guy in the higher weight bracket.. wow now he's going to be the superstrong fit guy in his weight bracket! He's going to rock socks.
Kimba said…
Stopping by to say HI! You've got a busy weekend! I love weddings too. Have a wonderful time.

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)