my love

Reading Insane Mama's post made me think deeply about how much I love my husband, especially how sensitive he is. Don't get me wrong, he doesn't always have the compassion down to a tee; but he understands me better than I do myself sometimes.

This is my favorite of our wedding pictures. Big A's tears started the night before at our rehearsal. Then when we met before pictures (just the two of us), he cried. During the ceremony, he cried while walking his grandpa, my grandma, my mom, and his parents down the aisle. He cried as my dad walked me down the aisle. And, oh boy, he cried off and on throughout the whole thing. And I wiped as many of his precious tears away with my white gloves as I could. I thought it was enchanting and one of the most manly things he could ever do.

The moment Moose was born, Big A cried. This is one of my favorite pictures of that entire day (thankfully me and my pregnant puffiness are not in this one).

I don't know why men don't usually show their emotions. Maybe because sometimes we women show them too often. Whatever the reason, I'm sure glad that my husband isn't too much of a man to cry.

-Thanks, sweetie, for all the joyful tears you've shed and for all of my tears (joyful and not) that you've wiped away from my cheeks. And thanks for not making fun of me when I cry as I watch Click or Juno for the millionth time. I love you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey both of those movies make me cry too!!! :) Thank goodness for amazing husbands. ~apryl
KatBouska said…
Oh he sounds like a sweety!! Hang on to that one.

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)