qualifications

Today Big A told me, "I don't think I'm qualified for the Driggs job." WHAT?!?! Is this the same Driggs job we've been waiting to hear about? Is this the same job we've been researching houses for? Is this the same job all of our eggs are in the basket for? The same job he applied for at least a month ago. But only today did he really see that they want a G6 and he's only a G4 (not sure what all that means but you know). That's just great. Am I upset? Yes. Mad? Not really, mostly because I know he's so disappointed in himself just in the thought of not getting the job. I just wish that there was some light at the end of this tunnel. Where are we going? Are we going to be stuck here (yes, stuck) for the next year, 5 years, 10 years? Is A going to work for Mr. Pessimistic at that dead-end job for the rest of his working life? He can't. I can't even tell you what my thoughts on the job are but I know he would just be sucked into this black hole of pessimism and never escape. It would infect our marriage, our son, our whole life. I don't know. I feel useless because what am I supposed to do? I guess I could look for jobs and let him stay home (which wouldn't be bad but I just really love staying home). This sucks.

Comments

Ryan C said…
Hey girl, dont get down about the qualifications. I dont know what he means by the G's either, but places put down what they want for experience hoping they'll get that.. but people with bacholers can get masters jobs, so why cant a G4 get a G6 job? They intentionally bump up qualifications.
Anonymous said…
hey sweetie. It sucks..i know. but just breathe in. Breathe out. and keep moving forward. because what else is there to do? and i know that you're thinking, "moving where? how? why? when?" and i dont have the answer to that question. But that's why we have Jesus to lean on and and say, "HELP ME GET THROUGH THIS" and he never fails us. The road "through this" may seem like and winding, rugged, and downright scary, but someday, at some point, you'll be at your next destination. And when you look back, (in 20/20 hindsight mind you) you'll say, "aaaah, that's why!" I know, this coming from one of your most frustrated, confused, and non-directional friends.........probably only serves to irritate... but its the peace of mind i have to have, too. even though most days i have a real hard time believing. i love you!
KatBouska said…
Darn it. It's almost like we all have to put in some time before we figure out how to get where we want to be. No where to go but up right?? Be patient, things will work out the way they are meant to!

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)