Saturday, May 3, 2008
When this first came out, I was expecting another "Knocked Up" (which I didn't see but didn't really appeal to me). Okay, I'll admit it. I was wrong. Very funny. Very heart-wrenching. Awkward (my dad actually was here for my graduation and I ended up watching the first part with him...weird).
My friend, Mrs. Spider-legs, recommended it to me. I laughed, I cringed, I cried. Whether you are a teenager, 20s, 30s, married, unmarried, pregnant, not-pregnant, trying, not trying. I think everyone (even men) can take something out of this film.
1. You can't change someone else. If you marry someone, you marry all of them - holey t-shirts, stinky morning breath and all.
2. Something taboo can actually be someone else's miracle.
3. Love is not just something to rush into. It's work but it's the worthwhile kind.
4. Babies do not come out of va-jay-jays (there you go Laura) looking clean and smiling. They are gross. And you sweat in the delivery room....it's not J-Lo in that movie where she's married to Ben Affleck and then she passes away leaving him with their daughter (sorry for the lack of the title...not Gigli or w/e).
5. You are meant for something & God will provide ways for opportunities. Take them. Even if you are scared sh**less.